About the Gala Coordinator position
We are looking for an experienced event coordinator to join our team. You will spearhead planning and coordinating our annual fundraising gala event.
Eligible candidates should possess great organizational and logistics skills and enjoy recruiting and championing a team of volunteers. This role includes but is not limited to the following elements:
1. Develop Strategy and Goals of the Annual Fundraising Gala Event
- Work with Thrive staff for marketing and promotion of the event
- Work with Thrive Marketing Coordinator/Graphic Designer to determine theme, décor, etc.
- Work with Thrive staff to determine goals (including guest count and financial goals)
- Work with the Thrive team to determine agenda and program flow
2. Handles All Event Logistics
- Coordinate all operations and logistics of the gala
- Work closely with the venue and all contracted services (including AV, emcee, entertainment, etc.)
3. Recruits and Manages Event Volunteer Committee
- Work to recruit a robust volunteer team
- Create a strategy for sponsorships, auction items, table and watch party hosts
- Schedule and run event committee meetings
- Assist multiple event committees (obtaining sponsorships, securing live and silent auction items, recruiting and managing table and watch party hosts)
4. Administrative Tasks
- Provide and manage all tracking and data points of sponsors, auction items, table and watch party hosts
- Work with Thrive staff to create all needed materials for the event committees (sponsorship documents, auction forms, table and watch party host forms, training docs, and training sessions)
5. Other tasks as requested by the Executive Team
Gala Coordinator requirements are:
- 2+ years' event planning experience
- Experience coordinating 3rd party event vendors
- Ability to recruit and manage volunteers
- Item + donation procurement
- Innovative and adaptable learner, utilizing new tools and technologies
- Strong interaction٫ communication and administrative skills
- Preferred practical experience with software and technologies٫ such as Slack, Box, Trello, Airtable, MS Office 365, Apple products.
- Strong organization and logistics skills.
- Thrives (pun intended ;-) in a closely knitted, small team environment
- 20 hours/week, $25/hr.
- Lakewood, Colorado-based office (split in office/remote work)